About the Department
The department laboratory is well equipped with modern instruments having hi-tech facilities. Dedicated, experienced well qualified faculty members make up the department. They continuously update their grasp on global trends and breakthroughs by attending and presenting papers in national and international conferences. The main area of research in the department is preparation and characterization of thin films and low temperature solution crystal growth technique for growing organic and inorganic crystals.
The department conducts seminar and symposiums periodically in emerging areas of materials technology. Research articles have been published in reputed international and national journals. The team members of the department have produced high percentage of results in university examinations. The department has been giving opportunities and adequate facilities to all students to practice what they have learned in theoretical physics.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: To provide students with a strong foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to identify, analyze and solve real life problems and to prepare them for graduate studies in their specific domain.
- PEO2: To prepare students for successful career in Indian and multinational organizations, by assessing current and emerging technologies.
- PEO3: To develop the ability amongst students to synthesize data and technical concepts from applications to product design.
- PEO4: To encourage students to identify and bridge gaps between the curriculum and industry requirements.
- PEO 5: To provide opportunities for students to collaborate and work in teams on multidisciplinary projects for accomplishing common goals.
- PEO 6: To motivate and prepare students for higher studies and specializations.
- PEO 7: To develop excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills and technical writing for effectively interacting with clients, customers, co-workers and managers.
- PEO 8: To promote awareness amongst students for life-long learning and to inculcate in them professional and ethical attitude, good leadership qualities and commitment to social responsibilities.
Programme Outcome (POs)
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge Strong foundation in core Computer Science and Engineering, both theoretical and applied concepts
- PO2: Problem Analysis Identify, Formulate, Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to real-life problem solving and reaching validated conclusions related to computer science.
- PO3: Design/Development of solutions Ability to analyze, design, model, and develop complex software and information management systems that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and Safety and the cultural societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct Investigations of Complex problems Ability to use research– based knowledge and study methods including analysis, design, coding implementation, testing and interpretation of data, to provide valid Conclusions.
- PO5: Modern Tool Usage Convention of recent techniques, modern engineering and IT tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The Engineer and Society Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the Computer Science and engineering Practice.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability Understanding the impact of Computer Science and Engineering solutions in the societal and human context.
- PO8: Ethics Understand and apply professional ethical responsibility
- PO9:Individual and Team Work Ability to function effectively within teams in Software projects.
- PO10: Communication Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and oral makes effective presentations to provide and obtain clear instructions.
- PO11: Project Management and Finance Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-Long Learning Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.