About the Department
The Majestic Mechanical Engineers gear the world. The first invention of man – wheel is the symbol of mechanical engineers. It is one of the core engineering domain and is the main brains behind the designing, manufacturing, fabricating, erection and commissioning, testing and maintenance of all engineering equipment be it a small one or a gigantic one.
The power sector, Automobile, Aeronautical, Railways, Defence Sector, Turbo and Fluid machineries, Marine, and manufacturing sectors are few where mechanical engineers are the key players
The inclusion of computers for various problems solving in this field has sped up in all areas of the field including research.
In our college we provide world-class engineering education in Mechanical Engineering, with scope to include the basic and specialized engineering training to meet the current and emerging needs of the society and industry and prepare the students for successful engineering career by inculcating the leadership qualities to encourage entrepreneurship and the professional and ethical responsibilities by respecting the different opinions.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is committed to
- Prepare effective and responsible graduate and post graduate engineers for global requirements by providing quality education.
- Constantly strive to improve pedagogical methods employed in delivering the academic programs.
- Respond effectively to the needs of the industry and changing world.
- Conduct basic and applied research and to generate intellectual property.
- Provide consultancy to the neighborhood and cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Have a successful career in Mechanical Engineering and allied industries.
- PEO2: Have expertise in the areas of Design, Thermal, Materials and Manufacturing.
- PEO3: Contribute towards technological development through academic research and industrial practices.
- PEO4: Practice their profession with good communication, leadership, ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO5: Graduates will adapt to evolving technologies through life-long learning.
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering curriculum is designed to impart Knowledge, Skill and Attitude on the graduates to
Programme Outcome (POs)
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge Strong foundation in core Computer Science and Engineering, both theoretical and applied concepts
- PO2: Problem Analysis Identify, Formulate, Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to real-life problem solving and reaching validated conclusions related to computer science.
- PO3: Design/Development of solutions Ability to analyze, design, model, and develop complex software and information management systems that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and Safety and the cultural societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct Investigations of Complex problems Ability to use research– based knowledge and study methods including analysis, design, coding implementation, testing and interpretation of data, to provide valid Conclusions.
- PO5: Modern Tool Usage Convention of recent techniques, modern engineering and IT tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The Engineer and Society Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the Computer Science and engineering Practice.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability Understanding the impact of Computer Science and Engineering solutions in the societal and human context.
- PO8: Ethics Understand and apply professional ethical responsibility
- PO9:Individual and Team Work Ability to function effectively within teams in Software projects.
- PO10: Communication Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and oral makes effective presentations to provide and obtain clear instructions.
- PO11: Project Management and Finance Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-Long Learning Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO)
- PSO1: To analyse, design and develop solutions by applying foundational concepts of mechanical engineering.
- PSO2: To apply design principles and best practices for developing quality products for scientific and business applications .
- PSO3: To adapt to emerging and modern manufacturing and design technologies to innovate ideas and solutions to existing/novel problems.